Daily Express

Liverpool news: FSG told to sack Arne Slot as Mohamed Salah 'performs U-turn'

Below is a summary of the full article. Click here for the full version from Daily Express or go back to LFC Live.


Liverpool could be about to part ways with Arne Slot and Mohamed Salah as the season reaches its end. 10:43, Thu, May 21, 2026 Updated: 10:50, Thu, May 21, 2026 Here are the latest Liverpool headlines ahead of the final weekend (Image: Liverpool FC/Liverpool FC via Getty Images)Liverpool have almost secured their place in next season's Champions League after Manchester City dropped points against Bournemouth on Tuesday evening.



Read our Privacy PolicyHere's a round-up of the latest Anfield headlines as we approach the final weekend of the Premier League season...Liverpool must part ways with Slot at the end of the season, according to former Reds winger Jermaine Pennant.Last week's 4-2 defeat to Aston Villa means the Reds have lost 20 games across all competitions this season and Pennant believes a change is urgently required.He said: "If the board thinks that this is the guy to stay in charge, then something's wrong with the board."Everyone can see this Liverpool team, see that they broke almost every single record which is not good - the most goals conceded, the most losses ever in a campaign, you name it. The stats are shocking."Pennant went as far as to back Salah, who took aim at Liverpool's recent shortcomings in a social media post last weekend.The former Arsenal star also argued that Liverpool cannot justify yet another summer of extravagant expenditure under the Dutchman."What he's saying [Salah] is stating the obvious.

It's just not going to work."Mohamed Salah is set to leave Liverpool at the end of the season (Image: Getty Images)Mo Salah 'U-turn'According to reports, Salah has given the green light to join Turkish giants Fenerbahce. The Reds forward sent shockwaves through the footballing world in April when he announced his departure from Anfield after nine trophy-laden years.It had been widely anticipated that the winger would finally make the much-expected switch to the Saudi Pro League this summer, but if accurate, the claims would indicate he has performed something of a U-turn regarding his future.The Turkish club have reportedly tabled an "informal offer" to Salah of around £11m a year to keep the Egyptian icon on European soil.It's claimed that Salah has not "entirely ruled out" a move to Saudi Arabia, but he is targeting an ambitious project "at the highest level".The reports echo Reds legend Jamie Carragher's assessment earlier this season, when he predicted Salah would snub Saudi Arabia in favour of remaining in Europe.Speaking on Sky Sports, he said: "I think Mo Salah, the way he's driven like a Ronaldo, I don't see the Saudi thing just yet."I just think your career's over when you go there [Saudi Arabia].